Google Fonts Knowledge Q3 content drop
We’ve just dropped a load of new content on Google Fonts Knowledge! 15 new articles and 9 new glossary terms, to be precise. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- A new module on variable fonts, containing 5 articles written by Nick Sherman.
- A new module on Hangeul, the Korean alphabet, containing 5 articles written by Darrell Penta.
- 3 new additions to our “History of Latin type” module written by ILT founder John Boardley.
- An introduction to colour fonts written by Google’s Rod Sheeter.
- A guide to switching from static to variable fonts, written by me, which is a logical companion piece to my recent blog post on switching to the variable version of Degular on this website.
- More additions to our ever-expanding Glossary: entries for alphabet, colour fonts, CJK, designspace, emoji, letters, rag, reflow, and tofu.
It’s been such a pleasure to work with so many knowledgeable folks on this new content, and I’m once again indebted to our expert reviewers; this time: Bonnie Shaver-Troup, Gerry Leonidas, Ben Weiner, Deborah Anderson, Laurence Penney, Piper Haywood, Minjoo Ham, Cassidy Curtis, SeHee Lee, and Min-Young Kim.
I hope you enjoy all of this new content and get a lot out of it. I certainly learned a lot myself. GFK’s Q4 content drop is also just around the corner, so get yer readin’ in now!